COMMENCAL FRS RIDE 2022
The FRS is a sleek bike with timeless lines. It can shake up times on the clock thanks to its energy and it’s guaranteed to put a smile on the face of riders who love steep freeride lines, letting loose and just having big fun.
Designing this FRS was not so easy.
It is seemingly simple, yet it is a melting pot of technology, which draws on our experience from the design and engineering of its predecessors. The work done for this year revolves around three key points – kinematics, geometry and frame construction – all bringing more performance and reliability.
We believe that it is 100% essential to work with only the best materials. Therefore, we are using a series of Aluminium triple butted (AL 6066) tubes which offer several advantages:
– Tube shapes are improved to enhance mechanical characteristics.
– The weight of the frame is optimised and the longitudinal and transverse flex is controlled.
With the kinematics we retain two distinct anchor positions for the rocker/linkage which are easily modifiable to:
– Be able to use a spring or air shock independently without having to make compromises.
– Enable the choice between a setting focused on grip (sensitive) or liveliness (responsive).
– Allow for the 2 curves of the kinematics to be linear for better connection with the ground (the tyre/ground contact is truer) and more comfort through the travel.
– Ride with less SAG without it being uncomfortable.
As reliability is also one of our major points, we’ve worked on the details that make the difference:
– The bearings are oversized, and the rocker is designed to minimise the stress applied to the shock. This ensures better operation and optimises reliability.
– The shock absorber support is embedded in the down tube. The line of the frame is cleaned of all elements that may complicate it.
A few points on the finishes:
– The cables pass the main pivot point as closely as possible in order to reduce displacement and wear.
– New inserts on the head tube allow the joints to hold perfectly.
– The double density injected chain stay protector is completely revised. The body is made of polypropylene for excellent fit on the chain stay.
– The FRS is fitted with down tube protection. No more worrying about rock bashes, chips or rubbing in the back of a pick-up.
FRS. DH in all forms and without any compromises.
About the FRS RIDE
The FRS is back in our Heritage Green colour, this time with a matte finish that we are all fans of!
The build on this RIDE model trusts ROCKSHOX and SRAM for their efficiency and performance:
– The BoXXer Select fork has a DebonAir air spring which offers simple and precise adjustments.
– The Super Deluxe Select spring shock provides impeccable sensitivity.
– 7-speed SRAM GX transmission is specifically for ???Gravity’ use and are precise and robust.
– 200mm SRAM Guide RE brakes, powerful to stop the bike on slopes.
– A solid and reliable set of ALEXRIMS wheels and MAXXIS DH tyres, perfect to withstand all the elements.
Serious things are set to happen
|Frame||2022 FURIOUS, 200 mm travel
27.5”, Alloy 6069, triple butted tubes, T4, T6. Enduro bearings
|Shock||ROCKSHOX Super Deluxe Select Coil
250 x 75 mm, LSC, rebound. Spring rates: 300lbs on S, 350lbs on M, 400lbs on L, 450lbs on XL
|Fork||ROCKSHOX Boxxer Select, 200 mm travel
27.5″, Charger RC damper, Debonair, rebound, Boost (20 x 110 mm), 46 mm offset, 0 Token
|Headset||ACROS ZS44 / ZS56
Alloy cups, sealed bearings
|Stem||RIDE ALPHA DH 40
40 mm extension, direct mount, 31.8 mm
|Bar||RIDE ALPHA R27
31.8 mm, 780 mm width, 27 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on S / M / L – 31.8 mm, 800 mm width, 27 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on XL
|Grips||ODI Elite Motion
Soft pro compound, single clamp, black
|Brakes||SRAM Guide RE, 4 pistons, MatchMaker compatible
Rotor: SRAM HS2 220/200 mm, 6-bolt
|Shifters||SRAM GX DH
|Chain Guide||E13 Vario
|Rear Mech||SRAM GX DH
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB
|Crankset||TRUVATIV Descendant DH, 165 mm crank arms, DUB
Chainring: TRUVATIV Descendant DH X-Sync, 34t
|Cassette||SRAM GX DH
7 sp, 11-25t
27.5”, 32h, 30 mm inner width
|Hubs||Rear: FORMULA DHG-150 – Front: FORMULA DHL-93
Rear: 32h, sealed bearings – Front: 32h, sealed bearings
|Spokes/ Nipples||SAPIM Race
J-Bend, 2.0-1.8-2.0mm, double butted, stainless, with Nylok, black
|Tyres||Rear: MAXXIS DHR II – Front: MAXXIS DHR II
Rear: 27.5″ x 2.4″, DH casing, ST – Front: 27.5″ x 2.4″, DH casing, ST
|Seatpost||SDG Micro I-Beam
31.6 mm, 250 mm length
|Saddle||SDG Patriot I-Beam|
|Weight||16,5 kg / 36.37 lb
Average weight for S size, without pedals. Weight may differ slightly due to manufacturing tolerances.
|Accesoires||Down tube protector, chainstay protector, seatstay protector, shuttle pad, fork bumpers|
Notitie: Pedalen Niet Inbegrepen!
|BICYCLE TYPE||DH / FREERIDE|
|FRAME MATERIAL||AL 6066T6|
|FRAME WEIGHT||4,1 KG / 9.03 LB|
|REAR TRAVEL||200 MM|
|SHOCK LENGTH / STROKE||250 MM / 75 MM|
|PIGGY BACK SHOCK COMPATIBLE||YES|
|SHOCK BUSHINGS||20 X 8 MM / 30 X 10 MM|
|RECOMMENDED / MAX. FORK HEIGHT||581 MM / 595 MM|
|HEADSET DIMENSION||TAPERED 1-1/8″ / 1-1/2″|
|HEADSET TYPE||ZS44 / ZS56|
|MAXIMUM TYRE DIMENSION (ETRTO)||65 MM|
|DISC BRAKE STANDARD||POSTMOUNT 200 MM|
|REAR ROTOR MAX. SIZE||203 MM|
|SEATPOST / SEAT CLAMP DIAMETER||31,6 MM / 34,9 MM|
|BOTTOM BRACKET TYPE||PRESS FIT BB 107|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR TYPE||NO|
|REAR HUB COMPATIBILITY||150 X 12 MM|
|SEAT TUBE LENGTH||1||420,0||420,0||420,0||420,0|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||2||63||63||63||63|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||3||64||64||64||64|
|HEAD TUBE LENGTH||4||110,0||110,0||110,0||110,0|
|TOP TUBE LENGTH||6||589,0||614,0||638,0||660,0|
|CHAIN STAY LENGTH||7||435,0||435,0||435,0||435,0|
|BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT||8||